Co Clare August bank holiday weekend.

Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:42 pm

Anybody fishing that competition at Carrigaholt Co Clare during the August bank holiday weekend.

posting as a guest

Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:23 am

Hi Guest

The regular contributors on this forum and the 800 odd guests outh there, as a rule, are very tetchy about giving information to anonymous posters - I've noticed this not just here but on lots of angling forums. This is especially true when it comes to competitions!!! If you identify yourself, and obviously you don't have to use your real name, and maybe build up a track record of offering information on the forum to other people, doubtless the members will either post replies to your queries or send you a private message (PM).

Hope this helps... BTW< there was a good article in the August Irish Angler about Thornbacks in the Shannon that gave useful information on most of the southern Clare marks...

Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:25 am

I'm not going as I can't take two days out of the august weekend fishing without being strangled by herself so didn't reply. I don't know if your looking for advise but here it is anyway.

One day is in Poulnasharry with dogfish being plentiful along with some thornbacks though you may of heard of the huge haul of thornback being taken here earlier in the year. Three hook clipped rig being would of been the winning rig for those that could cast it far enough the last day if a stingray hadn't been caught. The other day is at the wreck near carrigaholt with very large conger the target. Running ledger with very heavy trace metal bite trace to be used.

Donagh

Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:28 pm

Im going allright im staying in Carrigaholt been busy making my 2 up 1 down traces for Poulnasherry and I must make some wire traces for the Wreck.
It should be a good weekend loads of craic and fish (hopefully).
If anyone does'nt know its organised by the Shannon Town Angling Club contact my on ngeaney@yahoo.com if you want to know more .