Howth and surrounding areas

Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:35 pm

Hey Lads, Im just starting out fishing and have my beachcaster and reel ready to go. Im wondering where is a good spot to fish. I dont mind a bit of rough terrain or the like. I see most of you seem to be fond of this Bailey place, where is it and how do i get there? Is it productive and what would i catch? Im interested in the Howth area as its easily accessable to me. so any info you would have on any or all howth spots would be appreciated. Ive been looking at the info on this site about howth, but im wonderin what the story is with the lads who are regulars to these spots like the bailey and Redrock. thank you for your time.

JP

Howth

Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:56 am

You will get all the info you need on Howth marks on the Dublin marks section. Split rock would be the number one spot in Howth but it is dangerous. Start off fishing at Ballscadden High or low rocks as it is safer. The Baily is acessable from Thormanby road (off Carickbrack road) and the 31b bus goes right past it . You will see a sign on the gate of the lighthouse saying private road. Walk down here past another gate and fish to the left or right of the lighthouse. Howth is mostly rock marks but there are beaches at Claremount, Cush Point, Red Rock, Ballscadden Beach and Gleenaveena although I don't know too much about the latter.