Dublin help

Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:13 pm

right lads the daughter is going to the Taylor Swift concert this June so I will have a few hours to kill while waiting on it to end. Planning on taking my spinning gear and doing a few hours of fishing, so here it is the question, is there any marks around Dublin thats good for spinning? of course I dont expect any secret marks to be divulged but at least point me in the right direction please

Re: Dublin help

Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:04 am

Hi mc
The South Bull wall is near Aviva and has parking. Chance of macks bass pollock seatrout. Mostly bait fishing done there but spining and feathers too. Killiney beach is a bit of a drive but can be good too.
Dunlaoghaire piers , Coliemore harbour in Dalkey all can produce .Check out older posts . Hope this helps.

Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:29 pm

[quote="keem"]Hi mc
The South Bull wall is near Aviva and has parking. Chance of macks bass pollock seatrout. Mostly bait fishing done there but spining and feathers too. Killiney beach is a bit of a drive but can be good too.
Dunlaoghaire piers , Coliemore harbour in Dalkey all can produce .Check out older posts . Hope this helps.[/quote

thanks for the help it gives me a range of options

Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:24 pm

South bull be dead handy for you that time of year hounds might be showing and bass,not sure on spinning rod but defo on bsit never say never but can spin right off end bit of hike tho,maybe dunlaoighre too worth a shot or howth is close aswell altho not much faith in there

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 am

Seeing as you'll be in the area - you could try the river dodder - get license for 10 euro in Henrys and a light spinning rod.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:48 am

If you are leaving the big kit at home, the bandstand at Dun Laoghaire is home to a huge variety of mini species to ragworm on LRF kit