Dublin North winter boat fishing

Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:19 pm

Hi folks
Has anyone fished around Dublin bay Howth or thereabouts in winter from the boat or shore?. Has anyone had any results this time of year and what would be around i.e. pollock wrasse bass flats?
Hope to get out on boat this week. Thanks in advance .

Re: Dublin North winter boat fishing

Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:03 pm

keem wrote:Hi folks
Has anyone fished around Dublin bay Howth or thereabouts in winter from the boat or shore?. Has anyone had any results this time of year and what would be around i.e. pollock wrasse bass flats?
Hope to get out on boat this week. Thanks in advance .

Re: Dublin North winter boar fishing

Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:30 pm

post in the boat fishing forum you may get more help there

Re: Dublin North winter boar fishing

Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:51 pm

Hi Mc
Also posted in boat section so covering all bases thanks

Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:24 am

Never had much success on the boat in winter ,I’d be fishing around the skerries islands and between there and balbriggan,I got the odd codling but usually you just get plagued by small whiting ,there probably is other fish there but the whiting always get there first

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:38 am

Hi eoghanb
Thanks for info. I fish around Howth and Lambay in season and am tempted to give it a go this early. Tigh lines for this year.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:18 pm

I don't know your area but see if there is ground you can fish with lures. Sometimes winter can be tough with, as the lads say, droves of small whiting about. We tend to lure fish during the winter unless we can get out to ground where we can expect bigger fish.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:46 am

Thanks Jim will give it a go on lures when weather permits to get out.