Lures for bass

Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:49 pm

Was lure fishing for bass today using some lure but had no luck anyone recommend some lures or some info would be great

Re: Lures for bass

Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:14 pm

There's a whole range of bling out there to 'spin' (no apologies for the pun) your head when it comes to bass lures..
But I reckon that 99% of the effort to catch a bass will be to actually locate the fish first, then present the lure thereafter
So just get one or 2 reliable suggestions of types of lure then stick with them... no need to try or buy or try loads of different types
I'll suggest sidewinders, they always worked well for me. Or black minnow

Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:46 pm

I've always been a fan of shallow divers for shallow water, you can take your time retrieving and working the lure and don't have to worry about losing it to a snag.

Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:36 am

Get some savage gear seekers which should satisfy most of your long and medium range marks. Can be fished in a multitude of different ways

Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:12 pm

Get a Feed Shallow. Expensive lure but you could try some of the copies if you wish. Cast it and crank it back in.
The Black Minnow from Fiiish is a great lure and a proven bass catcher. Maybe a N03 12g or a No3 25g would be the job.

As said above- locating bass is the important bit. When you locate them the two lures above may just account for shy fish more than many other lures.

Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:41 pm

Is savage gear line-through sandeel any good?

Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:59 am

alefeb wrote:Is savage gear line-through sandeel any good?

It will catch. I hear it is good to cast.

Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:44 pm

alefeb wrote:Is savage gear line-through sandeel any good?

The good thing about these is that they keep fish hooked much better.
I fished with a mate for sea trout recently. He hooked 12 fish and landed 11, I hooked 12 fish and landed 3. He was using the line-through lure, I had a metal lure on.
The difference the line-through makes in exceptional. The fish can't shake the lure as the body of it works its way back up the line with every head shake, as was the intended design purpose of course. Simple but deadly effective. Ideal for sea trout, probably work for bass too

Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:02 pm

Back chasing bass I located some and they were smashing small bait fish in a few inches of water was using the savage gear Sand eel but they didn't seen interested