Lure Fishing Clonakilty

Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:30 pm

Hi All

The Family and i are heading to clonality for a few days towards the end of the month and im hoping to fit the lure rod in the car if there's enough room (as it'll be stuffed with prams, bottle makers etc.) :roll:
Would anyone be able to help with any pointers of where to try in the vicinity of Clon, what species to target and lures to use?? or is it just too early and I should leave the rod at home!

Cheers

PC

Re: Lure Fishing Clonakilty

Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:57 pm

You will be spoiled for choice down that way. Have a go at Inchadoney... You'll see the channel to the right of the beach - Bass move in and out of there. I wouldn't be the most knowledgeable of the area but there are plenty beach marks to try and more rocky Ground out the seven heads lots of deeper rocky ground. Courtmacsharry would be too far off either.

Re: Lure Fishing Clonakilty

Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:49 pm

Thanks Jim, looking at google maps it looks like smashing ground to fish! but as ive 2 babies in tow time will be limited and i wont have the luxury of being able to try a few different marks!
The channel to the right of Inchadoney looks V appealing so will give it a go if theres no other suggestions!