Kerry Camping

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Kerry Camping

Postby Gonzo » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:17 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for info on camping in Kerry, planning to take a trip down next month for a weekend of camping and fishing on the beach, I'll be travelling by public transport and the only beach I can find that has any kind of regular bus service nearby is camp/derrymore beach, does anybody know if this is a good place to fish for bass? if not then would anybody recommend a spot that has decent fishing, is ok for camping and is easy to get to by bus from Tralee?

Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated!
2023 shore species: (0)
2023 hours fishing on shore: 0
Gonzo Fishing Ireland
Gonzo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 413 times

Re: Kerry Camping

Postby Sean Mac » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:16 am

Hi Gonzo, I fished this beach last year. I think you need to get right up to Derrymore Island which is a long walk. When i was there i had paddle boarders and kayaks up and down in front of me. Looks like you could camp there with no facilities. When i was there Tralee was busy. The beaches i looked at were packed in the day time. So i think night fishing would be best.The guy in the Angling hub may be able to advise you on marks and getting around, hes a sound chap sorry i cant remember his name. I was there for two days with the wife so was fishing day time only which didnt produce anything. Beautiful place though.

For this message the author Sean Mac has received thanks: 2
corbyeire (Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:28 pm), Gonzo (Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:34 pm)
Sean Mac
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 124 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum