Waterford Estuary

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Waterford Estuary

Postby Teegerstk » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:04 pm

Hey all.

Been a bit of a while since I've posted here and since I've gone fishing last. It's been a very busy 6 months or so but I'm hoping to get back out for a few casts before the end of the year.
Just wanted to know if anyone has fished in or around the waterford estuary recently? Any chance of Mr. Cod?

Thanks a lot, feels good to be planning a session once again,
Tight lines
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Re: Waterford Estuary

Postby Sean Mac » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:35 am

Hi man, i fished Booley bay at the end of October, only small bass and flounder as it got dark. Nice looking place just kinda shallow.

For this message the author Sean Mac has received thanks:
Teegerstk (Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:17 pm)
Sean Mac
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 124 times

Postby Teegerstk » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:18 pm

Sean Mac wrote:Hi man, i fished Booley bay at the end of October, only small bass and flounder as it got dark. Nice looking place just kinda shallow.

Cheers for that sean. That's actually good going for Booley it seems, at least in my experience. Only ever had a tiny sole from there a few years ago now. Must give it a go soon.
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Rod Tips » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Teegerstk wrote:Hey all.

Been a bit of a while since I've posted here and since I've gone fishing last. It's been a very busy 6 months or so but I'm hoping to get back out for a few casts before the end of the year.
Just wanted to know if anyone has fished in or around the waterford estuary recently? Any chance of Mr. Cod?

Tight lines

Hi there Teegerstk. I hope you had a good Christmas? I'm in a similar situation as yourself, thought I would scroll through the reports and posts to see if there were any codling around and also to see if there's any activity along the Waterford estuary. I'm planning to head down for a few days days over the holidays. If you are going to be out wetting a line or two let me know, might hook up with you and burn the ears off you.
Tight lines
Rod Tips
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 98 times

Postby Teegerstk » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:44 pm

Rod Tips wrote:
Teegerstk wrote:Hey all.

Tight lines

Hi there Teegerstk. I hope you had a good Christmas? I'm in a similar situation as yourself, thought I would scroll through the reports and posts to see if there were any codling around and also to see if there's any activity along the Waterford estuary. I'm planning to head down for a few days days over the holidays. If you are going to be out wetting a line or two let me know, might hook up with you and burn the ears off you.
Tight lines

Sounds good G, shoot me a pm before you're down, I'm free for a while!
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum