Sea fishing experience

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:26 am

Hi, I'm new to sea fishing activities recently and have a few questions.
What bait do you guys use and experience using bait for a successful fishing day? I have researched about tides but still vague about it. Will choosing the right time be more effective?
Any advice? Thanks!

Re: Sea fishing experience

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 am

Welcome to this fishing craic. There are many baits for fishing the sea, with some research you will find out what bait works better for particular locations. There are tide web sites sites that predict the tides. I use tides for fishing. For sure certain times can be key. A rising tide into darkness will produce for a start usually but some beaches can produce during the day. If you have a friend that fishes the sea go with them. Safety is key at all times. A big tide can wash you and your gear away. There are loads of great fishing reports here to research your fishing marks. Getting all the necessary gear and rigs is important too. Best thing is find a safe location and fish the daytime and enjoy it. this site has loads of great info so take your time reading.

Re: Sea fishing experience

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:12 pm

Relatively new to this myself, having a good head torch if there's a chance your fishing when it's dark is a really helpful piece of kit.