First time using braid and backing up new reel

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:10 pm

Im after getting my hands on a Penn Spinfisher V 7500.

It comes with two reels. One reel says braid and on it is listed the various diameters/lengths to put on it and the other has info listed for both braid and for mono. They both seem to have a rubber band around the core which I assume is for grip (and that maybe you could put braid straight on the reel if I wanted?). See pic for more info.

I've bought 150 yards of 30lb braid and I have a rake of 15 and 30lb mono and I plan on using the braid.

I think I need to back up whichever reel I decide to use with mono first and then spool on the braid.

My question is, which reel should I use?

Should I use braid only with the one that only has information listed for braid? Or can I still back this reel up with mono and then spool on braid? If yes to that, should I use the 30lb mono or the 15lb mono and how much roughly of each should I put on there?

Appreciate the replies in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: First time using braid and backing up new reel

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:51 am

The shallower spool is meant for braid and the deep one for mono. There is no reason you can't use both for braid. I use thin diameter mono for backing up braid as it will pack together tighter so the braid won't dig into it as much but that's just my preference.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk