Plaice fishing

Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:20 pm

Im going to give a few of the old hot spots a go for plaice in the coming weeks,does anyone still try for them every year or have you givin up on them?

Re: Plaice fishing

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:51 pm

I’ll be be giving it a go for them in a few weeks as well depending what happens with the travel restrictions in April. I was out this week at a North Dublin spot where I caught 2 small plaice last summer, wasn’t specifically targeting them but hoping for something, needless to say I blanked.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:51 am

Used to get them in Greystones before they built the new pier on left hand side.Rag and plenty of bling did the job.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:05 pm

Yeah the south beach greystones was a great spot had some crackers off it many years ago :lol:

Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:21 am

Just seeing this now. Any one try for a plaice then? Tried last year on the south beach at driving range, Use to get them there years ago. I had no luck at all just a few dogs. Once the mussel beds were destroyed that was the end in my view anyway

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:57 pm

I've often caught them at Scotsman bay. Usually drifting in a boat. But I have caught a few from Dun Laoghaire pier, fishing into Scotsman bay from the east pier.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Now that's interesting. Fishing into the clean ground about 50m out is it?

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:59 pm

Anyone picking any up? Tried Newcastle tonight, no luck, flounder, doggies and load of whiting, all fish were small

Mon May 24, 2021 12:12 pm

Finally managed to bag one on the third time of asking, was out around greystones at the weekend, anyone else have any luck?

Tue May 25, 2021 8:00 pm

Dave F wrote:Now that's interesting. Fishing into the clean ground about 50m out is it?

Yes. Correct. Can be hit and miss though.

Best of luck

Wed May 26, 2021 5:14 pm

Greendag wrote:Finally managed to bag one on the third time of asking, was out around greystones at the weekend, anyone else have any luck?

Great stuff well done. I have given up the east coast. I travel a little further down the road but not had a plaice in a while