Rogerstown Estuary - Bass spinning

Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:10 pm

Hey All,

Would anyone have any tips or advice for fishing Rogerstown Estuary please? I was down there today 2 hours after low and blanked on the Portrane side where the estuary begins to bend.

I picked up some Samson lures (Enticer & Fat Minnow) in Swords Angling Centre and a few other bits beforehand and must say, the Samson lures cut through the wind!!

Any advice/tips would be brilliant.

Thanks all!!

Re: Rogerstown Estuary - Bass spinning

Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:08 am

Hi. I can't say I've fished rogerstow much although I know it well. People, you will find very secretive about their bass marks and tactics. It seems harsh but unfortunately everyone is in the same boat! As in its all trial and error and a load of patience! But best of luck with it. And keep at it

Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:47 pm

Huza91 wrote:Hey All,

Would anyone have any tips or advice for fishing Rogerstown Estuary please? I was down there today 2 hours after low and blanked on the Portrane side where the estuary begins to bend.

I picked up some Samson lures (Enticer & Fat Minnow) in Swords Angling Centre and a few other bits beforehand and must say, the Samson lures cut through the wind!!

Any advice/tips would be brilliant.

Thanks all!!

Not my local but as said above just keep at it man, few good long trips and you'll find them. This time of year is tuff anyway.Fan cast and move then repeat until you find some, examine the ground aswell, if theres plenty of feed washed up in an area I'd start there.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:06 pm

I fished there all spring and summer, only caught a bass once, just big enough to eat, that was back in May on peeler crab. Never caught anything on spinners or lures though and I've put in a lot of hours there trying, on all different stages of the tide, early morning, late into the night and nothing. The most likely thing you catch down there is small flounders to bait. Maybe you'll have better luck that I did!