New to this

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

New to this

Postby Its Ofishal » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:09 am

Just hoping I got this post in the right section and Im just wondering if anyone can help me with an area around Dublin where I can fish for tope and bass from shore. I do a bit of boat fishing in the north west. So Im not asking for marks just a general idea and Ill try work it out myself and of course if I don't get it right I will be back on to you guys for help.After lockdown Im sure I will need some fishing nearby cos I think the area of travel will increase slowly.
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 103 times

Re: New to this

Postby saving private brian » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:55 am

Hi
Hopefully some of the lads up near you will help you but tbh with this lockdown, use it to your ability to fish local marks that you never have done before and you were always tempted too.

Thats what i am doing aswell... sure if you dont catch so be it but atleast it will give you a better into marks near you

Now is a good time to seek new marks with the large tides that will empty strands and beaches well

Cheers..
saving private brian
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 182 times

Postby Its Ofishal » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:51 pm

cant get to water at the moment but as soon as I can Ill look at a few spots at low tide cos after reading a few notes on the subject it seems to be the way to go. Thanks a lot and hopefully later this year I will catch my first bass and tope from shore.(big ask though)
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Its Ofishal » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:32 am

Thanks mickser for your pm.
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Its Ofishal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:04 pm

Its Ofishal wrote:Thanks mickser for your pm.

Hi Mickser Im replying here cos I don't know yet how to pm. But here goes, I bring my boat up to Donegal and Sligo from time to time but when the weather is bad I would be looking for anywhere from Dublin to wexford on the shore.
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Thompst111 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:38 am

If your willing to travel to Wexford then go to Morriscastle plenty of bass to be caught and always a chance of a tope had a 35lber last year from Morriscastle. Great for smoothies as well. Also tinnebearna and ballyvaldon all worth a try
Thompst111
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 18 times

Postby Its Ofishal » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:40 am

Thanks buddy I just googled morriscastle looks like a lovely beach so that is where I will head when I cant get out in the boat. It should be near the perfect time of year after covid for these fish coming in there. So in the meantime Im going to try make up some of those rigs that release off the weight after casting.
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum