North dublin

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

North dublin

Postby kenf41 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi all.
I know there's not much about at this time of year. I've been looking at rock Mark's from balbriggan to donabate and was wondering does anyone have experience along this stretch. 2 spots in particular look interesting. 1 north of balbriggan and one north of rogerstown. I've never fished there so was just wondering

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
kenf41
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 90 times

Re: North dublin

Postby Gonzo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:08 am

Yes Rogerstown is a well known bass mark, fishing is good for flatfish and bass on both Rush South beach and Portrane beach. Skerries harbour is great for mackerel on feathers in the summer months, sometimes you might catch the odd pollock and Balbriggan used to be only mullet in the harbour but I've heard from a local they don't seem them in the harbour any more.
Gonzo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 413 times

Re: North dublin

Postby eoghanb » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Yes mullet very scarce in balbriggan harbour the last few years,only ever small shoals of maybe 4-8 if there in at all ,seem to be smaller too used to be shoals up to 30 fish most between 3-6lb with a few bigger specimens thrown in ,but not the last while ,was great at one time
eoghanb
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 336 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum