Dun laoghaire pier

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Dun laoghaire pier

Postby Thompst111 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:26 am

Hi all, looking for advice on the above.
Never fished here so wondering about where to fish and what I can expect in winter. Hoping for cod maybe a conger. So just wondering what ground type is here(Rocky Sandy ECT.) Are long casts needed will I need grip leads any and all info appreciated. Thanks all

For this message the author Thompst111 has received thanks:
mark1985 (Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:27 pm)
Thompst111
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 18 times

Re: Dun laoghaire pier

Postby Deleted User 3488 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:52 pm

Years since we fished it but this time of year there was plenty of whiting to 30cms off the end of the pier closest to the city.
Fishing onto sand using lug and mussel.

Fishing off the back of the Pier is casting over weed and rock onto sand we used to get the odd small congor, Wrasse,pollock (summer-time) and dogfish.

Did have a half decent Turbot off the end aswell but even back then it was a rarity.
Like most marks on the East coast it most likely doesnt fish anything like it used to but the odd good fish might still be there.

Best of luck
Deleted User 3488

Re: Dun laoghaire pier

Postby mark1985 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Thompst111 wrote:Hi all, looking for advice on the above.
Never fished here so wondering about where to fish and what I can expect in winter. Hoping for cod maybe a conger. So just wondering what ground type is here(Rocky Sandy ECT.) Are long casts needed will I need grip leads any and all info appreciated. Thanks all

Did you manage to try it at all in the end? Any joy?
mark1985
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum