Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

Daiwa sandstorm

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:15 pm

Anyone on here have any experience of daiwa sandstorm 12ft fixed spool. Im considering buying a near new used 1.
Just wondering what its like for casting distance bite detection etc.
Also your opinion what a near new 1 is worth.

Re: Daiwa sandstorm

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:17 pm

nareik1 wrote:Anyone on here have any experience of daiwa sandstorm 12ft fixed spool. Im considering buying a near new used 1.
Just wondering what its like for casting distance bite detection etc.
Also your opinion what a near new 1 is worth.

Used a 13 foot one for beach fishig for a couple of years.
Bite detection is dreadful if theres a sniff of wind.
Forget about distance casting, they are just not built for the job.
An overpriced piece of kit, built in the far east somewhere [not JAPAN].
There are far more superior rods on the market for around the same price.
Some of the lads here might be able to reccomend some alternatives.

Best of luck

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:05 pm

I'd personally recommend the Imax FR Match range, all 13'6" rods in 2 piece form, with 3 variants, tip, plus and extreme for varying environments. God I sound like an advertiser! Bought the tip variant 2 years ago for around 120, handled dogs and flats with ease and had a tiny bit of trouble with a hound but it is the lightest variant. Just my two cents

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:12 pm

I've had two of the FR Match Plus. They're excellent, and very powerful. Well capable of a hard OTG cast with 7oz plus a substantial bait.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:19 pm

Dave F wrote:I've had two of the FR Match Plus. They're excellent, and very powerful. Well capable of a hard OTG cast with 7oz plus a substantial bait.

They really are great for the money imo. Currently 110 online I might have to pick up the Plus next

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:39 pm

Teegerstk wrote:
Dave F wrote:I've had two of the FR Match Plus. They're excellent, and very powerful. Well capable of a hard OTG cast with 7oz plus a substantial bait.

They really are great for the money imo. Currently 110 online I might have to pick up the Plus next

For the money they're excellent value. I used mine with fixed spool and braid. Never liked the Minima guides but overall it's a great rod. Caught some nice codling during the winter and managed all the week and crap going without a hitch.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 am

Mate had one years back, glorified mackerel basher. Avoid

Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:24 am

Just on the Imax - They are a discontinued rod now, If you see a rod left in a shop get it. They were in a clearance list I got and ordered 4 - A guy came to look at them and his eyes lit up - I hadnt looked at them but if I had id have kept them - He took all 4 €70 each - Ragin now :D

Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:46 am

ardinn wrote:Just on the Imax - They are a discontinued rod now, If you see a rod left in a shop get it. They were in a clearance list I got and ordered 4 - A guy came to look at them and his eyes lit up - I hadnt looked at them but if I had id have kept them - He took all 4 €70 each - Ragin now :D

Definitely a call for me to pick another one up so! :lol:

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:55 pm

I have a one at the back of the garage ,it's been there for years .There's a lot better out there best to go and get your hands on one in the flesh so to speak and get a feel for it .
Post a reply