Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

Fishing spots near Dunmore East

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi all
I’m staying in Dunmore East next week for a few days, and looking for a good location to try fish. What about Fornaught or Woodstown beach, are they any good? If so what part of the tide is best and what bait is best suited? I look forward to any information . Thanks in advance.

Re: Fishing spots near Dunmore East

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:19 am

From times past, one of the best marks is just outside the town - do a search on flat rocks, dunmore east and it should throw up the reports.
from what I recall mark #5 (its used in competitions) was the best. State of the tide was less important as the water is almost always dirty.
From my own limited experience from 20 years ago, FRESH scent laden baits (mackerel and lugworm) produced the best results... GL

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Passage east on way to dunmore from the city is nice area to fish on dropping tide , clean sandy beach opposite spit lighthouse ,plenty of flatfish on rag/lug and may throw up the odd surprise of a bass can be a strong current so may need heavy grip lead best of luck !!

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Forenaught Beach is good for flatties, especially sole and plaice
Post a reply