Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

Re: Garryvoe beach cork

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:33 pm

Also bait shop near by would be nice as well.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:03 am

this might help

GARRYVOE BEACHES BY NAME.jpg
GARRYVOE BEACHES BY NAME.jpg (43.05 KiB) Viewed 646 times

A quick look at the forecast and the winds look like they will be coming off the land. This will flatten out the sea so you will be guaranteed plenty of dogs. Youghal is about a 15 minute spin away from Garryvoe.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Don't have long to fish unfortunately will only have 2/3 hours so the closer the better. I'll get the turn of high tide I'll give it a bash anyway. Gonna head to youghal in about two weeks. Any idea where the WALL is?

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 am

The wall is in Monkstown, Co. Cork. https://www.google.com/maps/@51.855386, ... a=!3m1!1e3

Don't bother with it nothing but small fish there at the moment. If it changes I'll post.

If you are going to fish the high water fish the far left of the car park in front of the hotel. Have a look at it either side of low just to see the bit of rocks on your left. You will be able to fish off the footpath so no need to bring chest waders. It will need to be into dusk before it fishes . The Garryvoe beaches fish rubbish in daylight.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:21 am

Thank you will do. Tide is at 19:15 I'll be there around 6 fish till half eight hopefully. Will let you know how I do. Thanks for the advice

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:48 am

I just threw up a report on Garryvoe there, although I fished at low water to about mid- flood.
Post a reply