Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

Arklow beach or pier

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 pm

Thinking of hitting arklow this weekend. What should I be expecting from the beach or the pier? What sort of tactics would be needed? Any advice is welcome, thanks.

Re: Arklow beach or pier

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Micro whiting with couple of flats and a very odd small coalie

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:35 am

Exactly what john1 said don't bother! Fished there 2 weeks ago for 11hrs straight and got nothing but pin whiting on every one of the top baits we had

Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:30 am

That’s grim, thanks for the heads up. Is there any good marks not too far from arklow?

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:53 pm

cd07 wrote:Exactly what john1 said don't bother! Fished there 2 weeks ago for 11hrs straight and got nothing but pin whiting on every one of the top baits we had

How did you last 11hrs?
Decent marks just north and south of arklow. Tiny whiting are a bit of a plague though.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:57 pm

Fished the beach today. As said, pin whiting for the most part. Also managed a small smooth hound and what I think was a small ling, but I could be wrong on the latter. Used crab and rag. Would have liked a few flats but that’s fishing.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Probably a rockling. Lots of them there too.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Ah yes, that makes a bit more sense now

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:16 pm

davybrown99 wrote:
cd07 wrote:Exactly what john1 said don't bother! Fished there 2 weeks ago for 11hrs straight and got nothing but pin whiting on every one of the top baits we had

How did you last 11hrs?
Decent marks just north and south of arklow. Tiny whiting are a bit of a plague though.

Always the optimists!!
Post a reply