Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

Kildysert pier

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi. New to forum was fishing killadysart pier yesterday. Up until high tide was getting loads of bites fishing to the left of the pier. After high tide when current changed got no bites. Should I have moved fishing to the right hand side of the pier. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone fished querrin pier.?
Attachments
Snapchat-1890593570.jpg

Re: Kildysert pier

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:01 pm

Greetings from the other side.... of the estuary! What fish did you end up with?

Fished there recently and was not impressed by the depth at all, Dredging has stopped now it's derelict and not sure it's anywhere near what it used to be there. Try again on an Ebb tide over low water and fish off the point a few hundred yards South West of the pier itself(I believe it's deeper there). Large Mack & Squid baits with 6oz min weight. certainly worth a go.

The estuary can fish extremely well with local knowledge, but mine is limited on the north shore unfortunately.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Greetings! Thanks so much for the reply. Just ended up with a conger. Tried it again last night got nothing but then moved to cappagh a got loads of bites maybe 10!. Didn't get to strike many only got conger again in the end. I think my hooks were too small. (1/0s).
Cheers happy fishing.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Try smaller hooks size 6 or size 4 and smaller baits to eliminate small fish nibbling the baits.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:58 am

will try that. thanks.
Post a reply