Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

tope in county wicklow

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:42 pm

where when and how . hi could anyone tell me how where and when to catch one of these monsters from the shore :roll: fed up of small fish , need something trilling thanks a mill

Re: tope in county wicklow

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 am

You need a boat mate if you want to tackle tope in Wicklow. They are on the banks offshore.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 am

They are readily available from the shore.

Newcastle (to the left 200 yds) & Kilcoole straight out the gate. Fresh mackerel the best bait. Small whiting (of which there are loads) also work as well.

Master angler on both venues at the end of June saw lots of anglers get runs & bitten off, some up the three times. Rising tide into darkness on small to medium tides worth a go.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:07 pm

They havent been takin off the wicklow beaches in a long time an if so the odd 1

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:49 am

Long cast from the old roadstone pier in Arklow rising tide's best

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:48 pm

There was some amazing Tope fishing at the start of the year from the Wexford and even the Wicklow beaches with some sessions producing up to 4 Tope so hopefully the next run in October will be the same.
Attachments
4C044460-C20F-4A68-B4DD-6A951D15BA3D.jpeg
22D512FA-0E65-4D24-B5C0-1A0A38C427B5.jpeg

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 am

ste c wrote:They havent been takin off the wicklow beaches in a long time an if so the odd 1

Hi Ya Ste,

There has literally been dozens caught from the shore in Wicklow & north Wexford since may this year? Only yesterday a lad from our club posted one on the club whatsapp that he got on Friday?

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 am

I know of the wexford beaches alright alby as iv had them off it myself this year but as to the wicklow beaches as in kilcoole etc i havent heard of anything off it
Post a reply