Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

Too late for smoothies?

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Hey all, haven't been fishing in like a month and a half and I was wondering if theres still a chance to catch a smooth hound? Or is it too late?
I'll be fishing around wexford. Thanks

Re: Too late for smoothies?

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:29 pm

No its not they be still around ive had them til october especially on wexford south coast

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:06 pm

sea serpant wrote:No its not they be still around ive had them til october especially on wexford south coast

Class, thanks for that. Hopefully I'll get a few next time I'm out. Cheers.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:06 am

I’ve got a 3 pounder in Daley harbour last week.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Finally going out tonight for a go at them, I'll be armed with crab rag and squid! Hope the weather works with me.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Well, any luck?
pm if you prefer

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:49 pm

EricH wrote:Well, any luck?
pm if you prefer

Headed out on Sunday night (Saturday proved to be really windy and only resulted in 2 whiting) armed with fresh rag and crab. Only got tiny codling and whiting until as I was starting to pack up I heard my reel whizzing and I could see the rod jumping about, I knew what it was straight away!
After a 5 minute dispute I finally pulled in my first smoothie! Only 5lbs but I was chuffed

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:35 am

They still come for the big crab molt during late September/October after that they become scarce
mickser

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Epic stuff EricH, there's no mistaking the bites, or the fight from a smoothound,

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:48 pm

had them in november in wicklow
Post a reply