Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

Advice for fishing around Brandon, Kerry

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:42 am

Hi folks,
My names Rick & i'm new to the forum so thanks for having me.
I'm not based in Ireland though most of my family still are so i get over a couple of times a year.
This year i'm over in September for a couple of weeks in Brandon.
I'm only bringing a couple of beach rods with me rather than a mountain of gear (like i normally do).
So any advice on species & state of tide etc for fishing Brandon beach or Cappagh beach just down from Brandon would be most appreciated as the cottage is within walking distance of both.
Cheers Rick

Re: Advice for fishing around Brandon, Kerry

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Rising tide into darkness -with plenty of beers

Re: Advice for fishing around Brandon, Kerry

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:09 pm

If there are any Trout or Bass about then the best time is 2-3 hours either side of low water. There is quite a distance between Brandon and Cappagh so im not sure you would consider it walking distance. Maybe im just lazy. You will catch Mackerel off the pier at Brandon if you need bait, apparently they have finally shown up. The rocks at Brandon used to once be good for Bass fishing, sadly not that great these days. Worth a go and again best 3 hours after high water or early in the rise. Brandon beach down from the pub is worth a go if the tides are low into darkness, slowly working a feed shallow or similar. If you are bait fishing only then the best bet if you ask me is Fermoyle strand. Havent fished here for 4 years so thing may have changed.
Post a reply