Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

collecting bait advice

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 pm

hi lads
i have never dug bait before, any advice on where to collect some? im based in carlow and intend to fish around wexford as my family are around there. im hoping to get rag/lug, peeler and sandeel, although my local tackle shop sells them so its not to bad.
thanks again guys

Re: collecting bait advice

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:57 am

Unfortunately I don't think anyone will tell you where to find/dig bait. Like fishing spots they can be closely guarded secrets to protect them from being exploited. Someone from the area may be kind enough to send you a private message but apart from that get yourself a quality fork and get out and about over low water. Once you find a good spot you wont look back regards buying bait.

Re: collecting bait advice

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:20 pm

thanks wooly. thats true, i totally understand that. i was really just hoping for a general area or some already well known spots. i put a post up looking for advice on places to fish, again i was talking generally as where someone may advice having a cast. im not even after big fish, a couple of dogs or flounder would be great. im only getting back into sea fishing now as ive only went apx 3 time in the last few years. thanks for your replies i apprieciate it.
Post a reply