Westport/louisburgh bait and tackle

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Westport/louisburgh bait and tackle

Postby Greendag » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi folks, heading out Westport/Louisburgh direction for a few days, hoping to get a bit fishing in while I’m down there, just realized I’m short a bit of tackle and other bits and pieces, nothing major but will be looking to pick some up and a bit of bait as well.
I know there’s a surf/bike shop in Louisburgh that has a little bit of fishing gear and some frozen bait, no worms though last time I was in it.
Any recommendations for Westport?
Thanks
Greendag
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 183 times

Re: Westport/louisburgh bait and tackle

Postby keymcg » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Cant speak for Louisburgh but theres a tackle and bait shop in Newport, RBM wild i think its called. 10 minutes from westport

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
keymcg
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 86 times

Postby Greendag » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks for that Keymcg, was offline for a couple of days didn’t see your reply, picked up a bit of tackle in Westport alright and picked up some frozen lug in the shop in Louisburgh
Greendag
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 183 times

Postby kieran » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:40 pm

RBM is good. Friendly lads, will even deliver to you to avoid finding parking in the town!

For fishing tackle the best shop, albeit its a chaotic mess, is the large shop in Castlebar on New Antrim Street almost on the corner with Tucker Street.
Park in Supervalu. Not cheap but he has everything including stuff and brands I've never heard of...
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum