Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

Mussels

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Just wondering how people prepare these?
I collected quiet a few sunday morning and just have them sitting inside their water ( after opening them ) in a container, do you dry them out or something??

Thanks for any help
Attachments
IMG_6837.jpg

Re: Mussels

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Clive what is ur intention with them...is it to freeze them for future trips or too eat them or what

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:46 am

saving private brian wrote:Clive what is ur intention with them...is it to freeze them for future trips or too eat them or what

Jes, sorry that would be good alright if I had mentioned, I am looking at using them for bait for Cod, I have a few tucked into squid but I was also wanting to see if you didn't have squid, how would you use them, Thanks for the reminder...

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:21 pm

We use to salt them. Put them into an empty coffee jar and cover with a very generous layer of salt. Lasts for ages and toughens them up.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Pat wrote:We use to salt them. Put them into an empty coffee jar and cover with a very generous layer of salt. Lasts for ages and toughens them up.

Sound Pat, appreciate it
Post a reply