Re: WEED WATCH - Waterford & Cork

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:10 am

beachbuddy wrote:
robbiekennedy wrote:well lads and lasses any story of weed round the ballyquin area

Don't know about the weed,but there were 14 headlamps on it the other night crazy or what :roll:

Boy racers trying to catch a Ferrari :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:37 pm

I thought you only took that ferrari out at the weekend. 8)

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 am

Don't know about the weed,but there were 14 headlamps on it the other night crazy or what :roll:[/quote]
its like that most nights now. there a serious decline of fish there last couple years but anyway no weed and no fish i am going to have to get brave and go elsewhere :cry:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:41 pm

What are the chances of weed free fishing i ballycroneen tonight? or ballyb is there weed at high water mark?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Pat,
I havn't fished there for a few weeks but with the northwesterly winds I would think that it should be free of weed. As well the tides are weak so weed left high on the beach wont be picked up at high tide.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm

robbiekennedy wrote:Don't know about the weed,but there were 14 headlamps on it the other night crazy or what :roll:

its like that most nights now. there a serious decline of fish there last couple years but anyway no weed and no fish i am going to have to get brave and go elsewhere :cry:[/quote]

I have noticed that myself, 3-4 years ago it was a bass great mark but there was a dramatic decline in the fishing last year - I didn't get a single bass there all of last year. There are much better marks, wouldn't waste my time there now.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks frank will give it a go haven't been out in so long poor tide but you never know!!!!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:49 pm

anyone been down ballycroneen way? just wondering the state of seaweed there...

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Ballybranigan weed free first 2 h after low tide, after that tons of grass and not fishable.
Still left with 1 tiny bass (48cm)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 pm

lucky13 wrote:anyone been down ballycroneen way? just wondering the state of seaweed there...

Its fine not weed very clean at low water

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:56 pm

How is Garrylucas/Garretstown for weed these days? Was thinking of going down for a cast this evening

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Garrylucas unfishable on Tues evening with weed

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:43 pm

tramore unfishable tue with and will only get worse after the storm.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 am

Does anyone know how good/bad the floating weed situation is in Courtmac estuary these days?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Ballybranigan was not fishable last weekend.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4e1kC2wmECU

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Heading to Ardmore and ballyquinn the weekend, anyone know what the weed is like?....

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 am

Bally/b clear of weed but fishing poor but did have a mackerel off it on Weds

Ballywillling clear of weed but full of dogs and strap conger in the water :D :lol: and trillion of flies on the beach :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Guys

Anyone know the state of Inchadoney and the surrounding area? Im heading down this weekend for a week :)

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:14 pm

anyone down on the beaches in east cork recently ? I was there around 2 weeks ago but plenty of weed around.

thanks

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 pm

anyone know what garyvoe beaches like today :?: