Switch to full style
Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.
Post a reply

Re: WEED WATCH - Wicklow / Wexford

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:37 am

fished kilgorman friday 30/9 only small bits of weed but only a few small flounder and a eel

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:45 am

Fished ennareily last nite sat 1st October. No weed. Lots off hounds and not so bad sized whiting and dabs

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:53 pm

fair bit of weed on ballyhealy last night - the odd kelpy stalk - but just about fishable

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:18 pm

tinnaberna saturday 1st weed free

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi lads , any word on south Wicklow or north Wexford, thanks :D

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:22 pm

graystones sth no weed behind the driving range 20/10/11

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:42 pm

tight lines wrote:graystones sth no weed behind the driving range 20/10/11

Any fish? Was planing on hitting there tomorrow night .

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Fished Arklow on Thursday 6pm-8pm. 15 kids fished. lots of whiting, dogs , dabs. No weed

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:31 pm

paul skelly wrote:
tight lines wrote:graystones sth no weed behind the driving range 20/10/11

Any fish? Was planing on hitting there tomorrow night .

1 wrass 1 dog 1 flounder

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Fished graystones last night o sorry I mean I tried to fish it, totally unfishable s**t loads of weed and 6ft waves and bad swells :evil:

Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Was in killeny at the tea rooms and unfishable moved mark to greystones and every cast out brought in lots and lots of big s*it weed ask Creep... Lovely swell that screamed fish but only weed and weed and weed

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:31 pm

paul skelly wrote:Fished graystones last night o sorry I mean I tried to fish it, totally unfishable s**t loads of weed and 6ft waves and bad swells :evil:

That was me leaving as use wer just getting on the beach. Was there enough time to set up one rod have one cast. Ended up goin Wicklow harbour to find it pretty much the same as greystones. Big swells and big amounts off weed. Did manage a few codling tho.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:22 pm

tried north beach greystones sat.night,with 2 hrs to go to high water,the waves were almost at the base of the ramp,moved to the southbeach ,huge swells, headed to ennereilly,lumpin'it in.....couldnt hold bottem, wth 6oz fixed wires ,sea bed constantly shifting,pulling rigs right around....one dog to show for all the effort. headed for the chipper in ashford.....pretty calm and weedfree there :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:19 pm

Sparkie wrote:
paul skelly wrote:Fished graystones last night o sorry I mean I tried to fish it, totally unfishable s**t loads of weed and 6ft waves and bad swells :evil:

That was me leaving as use wer just getting on the beach. Was there enough time to set up one rod have one cast. Ended up goin Wicklow harbour to find it pretty much the same as greystones. Big swells and big amounts off weed. Did manage a few codling tho.

Nice one on getting a few , we headed to bray harbour we had whiting,flounder and rockling blank saved so we went home wet but happy :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:54 pm

south facing beaches were all covered last night

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:48 pm

lads any word with rostoonstown was thinking of fishing it friday night any info would be great thanks

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:34 am

see post above - all south facing beaches are full of weed

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:34 am

Lads anyone fishing North Wicklow beaches last night or today could you post up a weed report? Fishing a meet in the morning in Kilcoole with the Gravediggers.

Any update would be very much appreciated

Conor

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:25 pm

dfella25 wrote:Lads anyone fishing North Wicklow beaches last night or today could you post up a weed report? Fishing a meet in the morning in Kilcoole with the Gravediggers.

Any update would be very much appreciated

Conor

Tried to fish it last night unfishable man :x
Got down and did not look bad done a lead test and after 2 mins was pulled down the beach and brought in a s**t load of weed. I'd say it will only get worse over the next day or two :evil:

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:53 pm

fished lacken friay 28/10 lots of heavy weed making for very hard fishing also was talking to some lads who tryed to fish the burrow and cullenstown but also very heavy weed
Post a reply