WEED WATCH - Wicklow / Wexford

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Cheers Paul. Did I meet you a few weeks back in Greystones. With a picture of a toothy dog fish on your phone?? Cheers for the update.

Anyone fish the area today? Any update appreciated.

Re: WEED WATCH - Wicklow / Wexford

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:48 pm

That's me :D
Hope it goes well for ya's , I'd like to meet up with ya's next meeting maybe!

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Lads

Any word on the weed on south greystone beach beside the dart station

Thanks Dave

WEED WATCH - Wicklow / Wexford

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Weeded off Kilcoole today. It was like someone dropped a jungle in the surf.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:33 am

Fished courtown last nite, was no weed and loads off whiting. Was real bassy looking but fek all around.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Cheers Lads thanks for the heads up

We had to moved the charity event due to the south beach being full of weed and unfishable went to the new beach behind the harbor no weed and plenty of shelter.

Dave

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Cheers Lads thanks for the heads up

We had to moved the charity event due to the south beach being full of weed and unfishable went to the new beach behind the harbor no weed and plenty of shelter.

Dave

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:39 pm

HI guys,
Very new to sea fishing and I'm wondering where would be a a safe bet around Friday/Saturday? I tried Five Mile Point last Sunday evening but it was very very bad with weeds. I've a good bit of experience with river fishing but sea fishing is a complete new world for me to be honest. Thanks in advance.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Arklow harbor clear of weed but not surprised by the size of the waves crashing in flooding the pier and crashing over the back of the pier :roll:

Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:10 pm

sparkey+1 wrote:Arklow harbor clear of weed but not surprised by the size of the waves crashing in flooding the pier and crashing over the back of the pier :roll:

Thanks for the heads up Sparkey, don't know what my next move is now!

Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:04 pm

for what it is worth south beaches are just about fishable.bait fishing i mean......weather goin to change though...... :( :( :( :( :(

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:54 am

Fished graystones last nite sat 5th. Was unfishable the weed was unreal, then hit Wicklow harbour and the fishing was awful, just the odd pin whiting

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:02 am

FYI... The whole south coast is weed free and fishing its socks off - some nice Codling being caught too ;)

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Lads, anybody know how the weed is in Greystones south? Thinking of a quick session tomorrow evening. Cheers.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:51 pm

both north/south greystones un-fishable last night with serious amount of weed and rip tide 60z grips just getting carried

weed

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:23 pm

just wondering whats the weed like in coombe or rosdoonstown might fish it 2morro

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:42 am

lads any weed around arklow sth beach have a club comp there next thur

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:42 am

lightning wrote:just wondering whats the weed like in coombe or rosdoonstown might fish it 2morro

with that wind yesterday and a big tide it has lifted all the weed from a week ago off the high tide mark and is now floating :roll:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Graystones south 12.11.11
Very fishable only small bits off weed coming in on the grip lead.
Not a single bit in 3 hours so home I went :cry: :cry:

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 am

Fished Greystones pier yesterday tonnes of weed left after second cast...