Storing Plugs/Lures

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:43 am

Any of you folks know where a man can get a handy storage case for plugs ? I have about 10 plugs all in a plastic tub at the moment all different sizes and the trebles tend to get tangled up together. I've seen some wallet type solutions on the net but they don't seem to be large enough for the bigger plugs.

I did discover through experimentation that a Rapala J-11 fits perfectly inside an empty Rubex vitamin tube :!: (Although I don't imagine the scent of fizzy orange would be all that appealing to a bass).

Anyway, if anyone knows of a good storage solution let me know.

Cheers

Soc.

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:15 am

hi soc,have a look at http://www.euro-tackle.com they have a few cheap boxes for holding lures.

nige

Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:59 am

You could try m.b3's idea of empty video cassette cases?

Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:48 am

i saw mick brown(the pike expert) on tv one night suggest using a bucket! simlpy store the plugs and lures by hanging them upside down by their end treble around the rim of the bucket!! he reckons it's the business, no tangles, and all the lures are on display the bucket has a handle so you can carry it round easily plus it's cheap! i don't do alot of lure fishing but it makes sense to me,but if not a bit gimmiky!!

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:47 am

i saw mick brown(the pike expert) on tv one night suggest using a bucket! simlpy store the plugs and lures by hanging them upside down by their end treble around the rim of the bucket!! he reckons it's the business, no tangles, and all the lures are on display the bucket has a handle so you can carry it round easily plus it's cheap! i don't do alot of lure fishing but it makes sense to me,but if not a bit gimmiky!!

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:18 pm

My own solution is to use a zip-up A4 ringbinder. Have a 2-4 cm thick A4 "page" of foam in the binder and stick the trebles in the foam. The plastic binder protects the lures - mine are see through so I can see the plugs, and also the other hooks can't get stuck in something else.

Storing Plugs/Lures

Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:00 am

Thanks for the replies lads, some interesting ideas. I'll check out euro tackle but I have to say, I like the sound of Marks idea. a little divider to split an empty vdeo box in two would be ideal. As for Mick Brown's idea, I can see the logic but when I'm rock-hopping I try to travel as light as possible so probably wouldn't have a bucket with me ! Also thought about a make shift wallet along the lines you suggested Neil but I might try out the video box idea first.

Cheers lads

Shane.

Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:00 pm

When I'm rock hopping, I have a small waist bag, where I keep three or four lures. I cover the trebles with Harris Angling hook bonnets - they don't form relationships inside the bag and you don't stab yourself when dipping into the bag.

Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:03 pm

If money's no object (usually is though), then a dart Lure book is the way to go:
http://www.harrisangling.co.uk/product. ... eptid=1916

I got one of the 6 compartment containers from Euro Tackle, excellent value at €2.50 suites plugs up to about 3 inches long.