shore fishing ballinglanna

Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:17 am

am staying in ballinglanna south of clonakilty mid june and was hoping someone can give me some advice on the shore fishing in the area.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:31 pm

mmm. Mid June, you might start connecting with Bass on the plug at about that time. Some of the lads fish the incoming tide in Courtmacsherry estuary with spinners. You'll have to wade to you waist though to hit the channel in the middle. At the end of the estuary there is some nice deep water that is easy to fish. I've caught plenty of mackerel here when there in and it looks to be a good spot for a bit of wrasse and Pollock fishing. There is a nice beach at portacarrin (Spelling ???) You can walk out the hill on the left (looking at the ocean) to get access to some deep water at the rocks at the end of the hiss. I'm sure this is great Pollock and Wrasse ground. The rocks them selfs are worth a try with a plug for bass for the first two hours of an outgoing tide.

Be sure to let us all know how you get on and maybe post a pic or two on the site.

Kev

clonakilty

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:42 pm

dunmore head at he mouth of the estuary is a great spot for bass. fish from the end of the river channel out to the breakers. have caught with crab but sandeel is recommended by locals. rocky outcrops are prime spots for plugging and the fly.
id pay a visit to the tackle shop in the town. he has a great selection of plugs and will put you right after a purchase or two.

best of luck.. last time it was a complete gale but still got a lovely 6lb er.

bass ban upto 15th.

shore fishing ballinglanna

Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:20 pm

can't locate dunmore head on map.have you directions?
thanks for reply.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:58 pm

sorry, muckross head! see the marks section on this site.