any where doing well in the north?

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:21 pm

hello

just wondering if theres anywhere fishing well in NI?

on sunday i was at waterfoot and off the rocks in cushendall we didnt catcha thing and got maybe 2 bites between 5 rods and 4hrs!

going to try and get out again tomorrow anywhere you would recommend? either up the antrim coast or Co.down?

also where would i get some good baits? can only seem to get mackrel and squid around Belfast, would like some lug and rag to try.

Cheers for any info.

Neil

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:18 pm

hi neil.i`ve been all round the north antrim coast lately and caught nothing but very small whiting.the best days shore fishing was a few weeks ago of strangford pier.got 5 decent wrasse to 4 lb and a host of small codling as night fell.if you need rag etc,theres a good wee tackle shop in carrickfergus-tackle box or o`neills in cushendall.hope this is some help.-bignose

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:44 pm

Surprised I got in before the Donaghadee die hards, They must be fishing. Again. Have a look through all the posts written by ron, pookie or K2 :wink:
You wont go far wrong....
JK

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:46 pm

Boys, Forum meet for Northern Ireland Anglers on Firday night. Interested?? :D

Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:01 pm

i would be but i have to work until 9.30 so thats not much use lol.

if your having another outing me and 2 mates would probably be up for it.

every tried down round newry/dundalk etc? its not much further than cushendun/cushendall for me

Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:06 pm

Never heard of anything great happening in that direction...
You'd have to ask Dave 'dmtcc' from Kilkeel, as a rule of thumb for Northern Ireland the Further North you go, the better the fishing becomes... Portaferry and Strangford being the exception.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:26 am

Hi thompo ,welcome to the forum . bangor not fishing bad at the moment for conger and some big rockling ,you need to fish the back of the pier down in the rock armour ,not really your normal shore fishing though you need a boat rod for the conger and a really short spinning rod or bait caster for the rockling cos you basically fish in the holes between the boulders ,if you get a good conger it's more of a tug of war to get them out .
Best fished from low water up and beware of the wash from the fast ferry .

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:25 pm

cheers for the info, might try bangor some night. was down over the summer just fishing over the rail at the pier btu only managed a few small whiting and a lobster.

tried garron point and water foot again today :(

got 2 small coalie (together you wouldnt have got a fish finger out of them!) and a crab.

have to take me surf board to get fixed tomorrow in portrush so ill maybe try round ramore head if the weather is ok.

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:31 pm

kilkeel is dead,,,,,,,,dead dead dead, and on and on

not a bloody fish being got,, not even by the fecking boats

what do fish look like,,, must find mag

Irshish angler fits billl

am gonig mad

dave

Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:05 am

They must have all migrated up this way!! :shock: :P

bait

Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:40 am

Try tight lines on albertbridge road for rag and sandeel, also new shop opened in dunmerry lane he got rag and lug for weekends.
As for were to fish the forum guys have suggested a few, i fished pans rock at ballycastle and did well. also try cushendun forum had last meet there on fri and it was good. read the shore reports we all check in after each trip.
If looking tips on down you need to go to k2 website and chat to him or ron. have a read and try get out on a forum trip as it has helped my catch rate this winter.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:55 am

I know nothing !!! :D :D :D

Nah only joking, if you want to know anything about the North Down Area come see me or Ronald.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:56 am

Where's Dunmerry Lane Pooks??
Can you give me directions?
Is it order only or does he keep them in Stock??

Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:52 pm

is it dunmurry lane or dunmerry lane ???

dunmurry lane to the best of my knowledge is not too far from macro if you know where that is. head up the M2 for lisburn and take the turn off for dunmurry. go left at the junction then right. and i think that is dunmurry lane not 100% though.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:42 pm

jfkireland wrote:Surprised I got in before the Donaghadee die hards, They must be fishing. Again. Have a look through all the posts written by ron, pookie or K2 :wink:
You wont go far wrong....
JK

lol, Good name for our lot... 'The Dee Diehards'...