East coast spot??

Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:45 pm

Hi all

I would really appreciate it if anyone could point me towards a mark that might suit.

I am planning to bring my girlfriend and her father (a total beginner) out for a taste of sea fishing in late may or early june. I was hoping of trying a safe rock or beach mark, where a few fish are almost gauranteed. Doggies,dabs,flounder anything would be welcome. Fishing would be from afternoon to evening and would be roughly in the area between north dublin and mid-wicklow.

I was thinking maybe greystones north as i always had a few fish from there when i brought groups of kids out with the dublin angling initiative, but am open to other suggestions.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved

Adam

Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:49 pm

South beach greystones or ennereilly , fish into darkness though.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:16 pm

Ennareilly on an incoming tide will produce the fish though it is down as far as Arklow.
On the plus side its a gorgeous clear sandy beach and very picturesque for non fishing companions compared to Greystones/Kilcoole/Newcastle with not a train in site.

Hope to see you there
Paddy

which spot????????

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:33 pm

hi adam there is a great spot that is very overlooked by anglers as they often think the futher they walk the more fish they will catch,,the spot is north beach graystones but it is important u fish around 60 yards north up the beach from the break water,,the water is extremly deep and you must fish 3 hours either side of low water,,all the bait u can get and mix and match till you find the winning combo,,lug,rag and mackrel strip or crab and sandeel all work cast only between 10 yards and 50 no more.. there is a great selection of fish including pouting and place,,,,,

Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:15 pm

Hi thanks for the replies, very much appreciated.

Phil do you mean 50 yards to the left of the pier? thats where we fished with the dublin angling initiative, it was the kids who could only cast short distances that caught the fish alright.

ennareily sounds promising too, are there doggies there, they would be welcome for visual effect and size.

Adam

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:20 pm

hi adam its arount 50 yards left of the brake water on n beach off a high shingle ridge with big stones...just outside the houses so a handy spot to park and fish..not as far up the beach as the boat yard,,,we cought whiting ,cod,coalies,dab,flounder,dogs,rockling,pout,sea scorpions and a great 2.5lb place there to date and a few years back it was producing haddock one summer,,,and a few weeks ago we saw a big ball of herring in the area...so its a great back up spot especialy in a south to west it remains flat calm.......