Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:12 pm

mainly conoflex i have myself, along with century and diawa they are way out in the lead when it comes to quality and performance, the spigots on the century range has to be improved..

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:17 am

Well said Neilus

Mate of mine has a ron thomson and the rod for the price paid is exellent. The RT excellorator has been getting huge distances on the tournament feld for those that can bend it and gained a great reputation as a rough ground rod. I'm sure the rods 4 times its value are better but they'd want to be. Its sad when anglers look down on other anglers because of the label on their rod but they are out their. Its the same lads that do this that buy the latest rod and can't bend it.

From an angler that can't afford a rod with an x at the end of it.
Donagh

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:51 am

Donagh,

I found an easy way to get around the X is to use "Tippex". You need a steady hand though. An alternative would be thin strips of white tape. :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:48 pm

I've just got a couple of Nemisis rods so ya can cast one of them, also have a Oblivion Red label ya can cast.....Just let me know when, hell we'll organize a trip and I'll bring them allong for you to fish with.

I have at the moment a Conoflex Oblivion, Nemisis, Zipplex 2500, and a Greys PZ Match. Bought the 2500 for £100 14 years ago redid it last year and end up using it more than any other rod that I have. But it's not a great heavy ground rod but you can take in big fish with it.

The new rods out there are great but I actually like older rods better, but that's just me...Not to find an NG1, always liked them...

Mark give me a shout and well organize something.
John

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:53 pm

Has anyone tried the meta-lite storm as Aidan o Hollaran former world junior champion has one and swears by it and it looks like a fine rod with a good tip for bite detection.

If you want to see someone to empty a reel you should see this guy cast.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:46 pm

Never heard of him! Mustn't fish many comps?

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:59 pm

He doesn't sea fish as much these days. Prefers fishing for trout on the fly. Fished beside him over the summer and hes top notch caster and angler.

which rod....

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:13 pm

hi mark ..the lads are all right with their recommendations,,personaly i use a conoflex nemises plus slr02 for any realy heavy fishing, on i think page 17 on the gallery there is a pic of a tope i cought over 70lb on a nemises.. there is no doubt about there capability,,a whole mackerl and a 7 oz lead will cast a shocking distance considering the weight involved..but please dont get too obsessed over stiff fishing rods ,we fish for blond ray and tope off the boat with 12 class rods!!!! i would recommend a conoflex as the power is more progressive through the blank which gives you better bite decation....i also use the old centuary formula ,,this rod is feather light but poker stiff not ideal for general fishing as on one occasion i got a great coalie bight on it and the butt moved more than the tip,,but i would use no other rod for conger fishing into heavy ground with a slosh 30 with 50lb line...and finaly some words you must acknowledge.....reel seat,reel seat,reel seat...cya

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:44 am

appreciate all the response's lads. thanks. good to see your back John! i'll give you a shout. i'd love to try this nemesis out. off too wexford on sun. will get in touch afterwards. cna't believe you got that zippy for 1oo you lucky sod!

Zzippy

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:59 pm

The new dymic LT14 Zzippy its the best there is. O.K. its also the most expensive there is as well but you get what you pay for.