See Real Anglers Fishing

Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:33 pm

Where is a good place to see anglers sea fishing at weekends. I think it would be really helpful to see some fishing before I invest in my gear.

Thanks for all the advice so far!

Regards
John

fish

Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:46 pm

hi
well it depends reall if you live near beaches or rocks try talk to your local tackle dealer he might point you in the right direction :lol:

Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:11 pm

You dont give a location dobermann where are you based

Seeing what its all about

Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:46 pm

Based in Dublin, are there any competitions coming up where you can get to see people fishing??

Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:51 pm

we could arrange a fish and meet soon. fishing will be poor on most marks in feb. however i have heard of a few half decent fish coming from bray at this time- codling/ coalies. should be flounder, rockling and dab too. don't know the area very well though. i will be free for a meet up in 3 weeks time. is that too far off? if anyone's interested just hollar!

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:22 pm

plenty of places around dublin and wiclow area to see people fishing doberman but as m.b3 said you wont get many in February. My advice would be check the usual locations Howth , Greystones, Newcastle etc.. the beauty of it is if you go to one place and theres no one there you can move on to the next mark which usually is'nt far off. just keep an eye out for the signposts with beaches on them and the fish symbol indicating a fishing mark.

goldfish bowl

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:44 pm

At the moment you will see some of the best anglers in Ireland strutting there stuff at the wall in Monkstown Cork. Many long casters and minor celebs taking advantage of a run of codling. Sunday will be best.