Angling in Ireland Exhibition 2005 - Kings Hall - Belfast

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:55 pm

Just returned from what is possibly the biggest Angling related event in Northern Ireland. A truely well organised event that had something for every type of Angler in Ireland.
For us, the Sea Anglers, there were many boat and spinning Rods on Display with the Odd Beachcaster too.
Procast Angling was indeed there, With Conor Hamilton(h rocks) more than happy to help! Also for the Sea Angler there was Eurotackle, Both Stalls had good quality gear on Sale.
Went home having Bought a load of tackle, Had a Yarn with Irish Anglers own Rodger Baker, and generally had a whale of a time!
Familier faces from the magazine also graced the Show, with Terry Jackson, and Darryl Aston both in attendance.
Great fun.
In fact, the most fun you can have to do with fishing, Bar fishing itself!!!
Its running tomorrow too, If anyone is interested in Going, Its £5 at the Door, and well worth it!

Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:07 pm

Was good to be able to put faces to names.

In all honesty the show was a bit of a disappointment . Sea angling was very much under represented, and in some cases regarded as the poor relation (we'd a few snide comments from non-sea anglers). We were the only 100% sea angling stall there and did well enough considering it was the first time we'd done a show.

Hopefully the next shows we do will be better.

Thanks to those who came over and gave us a bit of support. It was very much appreciated.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:09 pm

Ack Conor, Ya got to meet me didn't ya!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:46 pm

That was the highlight of the weekend !! :D

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:22 pm

Those BIG leadheads will go down well up at the Pinacles...
And the Greentail Jellyworms kill around Copeland... So I'm Covered.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:26 pm

good stuff. plenty more where they came from ! keep me posted on how you get on.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:50 am

The Belfast show was a success. Next year's show is already being planned and Irish Angler has already booked a stand. Next time two halls will be used, so potentially it will be twice as big.

The same six people, including the big cheese himself, David Hall, will be at Swords 19/20 next month. You will never have a better opportunity to speak to, and influence, a publisher. Come on to the stand if you are there.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:58 pm

Agreed it was the first year of the show, and it was a success from an organisers and game anglers perspective, but hopefully the next time it will be better advertised and attract a few more Sea Angling oriented exhibitors.

Maybe the pool could be lengthed to include a shore casting demo !! :lol:

Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:19 pm

Enjoyed the show very much. For a first attempt is was powerful. Looking forward to using all the gear purchased including some lovely coloured leadheads fae a David Hamilton on the Procast Angling stall. Agree with previous posters that there could have been a bit more sea angling gear. It was great to be in the company of so many anglers.

At the risk of being controversial, I find all anglers very helpful and down to earth.......that is except some freshwater fly fishermen who I feel are a little aloof! Like golfers really!! :roll:

Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:43 pm

They Chuck there fluff, We Chuck 6oz of lead.... Live and Let Live... At First Fly Angling did seem quite Eletist to me, But once ya meet a few, and realise what makes them tick, they're alright.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:05 pm

i was there,,,,,,,,,got chatting to me old work-mate "HIS DAD" terry jackson.

yes I worked with Mr Sammy Jackson, terry is a dead ringer for him and that includes fishing......

It always hard to judge what to put in a first show,,,,in our case
sea angling
river
corse

or what ever!!!!!!
Connor is right, he was the only stand with 100% sea fihing with Peter from Euro-tackle coming in second "I think"

I say
well done to all that put stands up, and all that came to see what was on offer :)
dave

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:08 pm

Ack Dave, You were there and didn't wave.
I;m deeply offended :cry:

:D :D :D :wink: :P :!: