ron thompson chest waders???

Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:38 am

anyone gotta pair? what are they like?? comfy warm....

cheers.

Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:58 pm

I have a pair of Daiwa neoprene chest waders, cost about £55, which I swear by. Nothing warmer on a freezing windswept beach in January. And the unexpected wave won't wash over the top of your wellies and leave you with wet feet.

Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:41 pm

are the diawa ones durable enough for bait diggin' in??

Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:20 am

Check out the snowbee ones m.b3.

Ron Thompson Waders

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:51 am

Mark,
Many of us down this way use RT waders. No problems at all. Best to use the cleated sole rather than the felt sole which tends to fall off. I have a pair of 11/12, new in their rucksack which were too big for me. If the size suits give me a shout. €60.00 + P&P.

Jim.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:18 am

how are ye Jim. the size is spot on. down at the tax office today. didn't go too well!!! when i am in the money i'll get back to you. could be a week or two though. i have to say i do like the look of the RT ones. haven't seen the snowbee ones yet George.

RT Waders

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:48 am

They're fine Mark, have had a pair for two years now with no problems, and very little wear or tear. They are very comfy and extremely warm.

Just be careful with the shoe size. If you are a size 12 shoe normally, you may struggle with the size 11/12 waders. Mine were a little tight at first but loosened out after a few sessions (I'm a 12).

Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:01 pm

ahh Steve i've bin wonderin' where you got too! good to know your gettin out again. thanks for the info.