HOW TO FISH IN WICKLOW TOWN

Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 pm

I am a sea angler from Wicklow and am wondering does anyone have any ideas on how to fish it.

eel

Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:08 pm

i reckon head to the local nightclub!!!!!1 more likly to catch somthing there!!!! well apart from a cold on the beach . east coast fishing is somthing that should b talked about on forums and the like but ur better off not bothering to actually do it off the shore!!!!!!!! just ask me and neil, blanktastic!!

Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:26 pm

Its not too bad, fish can be had from the old pier if you get the right bait/tide :twisted:

Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:26 am

I grew up in Wicklow. So first of all don't bother fishing the new pier and I have put up what the old pier used to fish like on the marks page of this site. I don't know how it fishes in winter but I'd expect you get savaged by pin whiting. Very popular during the day in summer but you really need to fish it at evening/night. You could really up your species count if you go down to small hooks here. The rocks along the golf course give access to fishing into kelp for wrasse but as you head towards brides head the chance of been hounded by seals is always a danger. The clean ground from these points used to give flatties but they've been wiped out.

For more serious fishing head down to Ennereilly or up to the Shingle beachs mentioned in the marks page. The Monkey pole is in walking distance but If you have transport I'd give it a miss. The vartry Estuary has some serious sized mullet that I've never seen anyone target that go all the way up broad loch and there should be some flounder marks active there around now.

Donagh