christmas in tramore

Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:58 pm

as the title say's i'll be in tramore for christmas, and i'm allowed to bring one of my beachcasters...

so my question to you is what will i catch and where (i'll can fish on the beach only through day time (so she says))
what are best baits and what rigs are best to use???... i plan to definatly do a few hours on christmas eve all going well...

Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:38 pm

steve welcome to tramore,

if the conditions are right you could have the chance of catching a few codling from tramore beach. But normally it is best to fish in darkness on a rising tide and a southerly wind whiping up a good surf. You could also try the saleens with the possibility of a bass. I have taken some decent bass around this time of year from that mark - again in darkness

if you go to John O' Brien's bait and tackle shop just off the roundabout by superquinn he will be able to give you up to date information on what is being caught and what type of baits are working best

the tides for xmas eve seem perfect with full tide comming at 16.30 - just as it starts to get dark.

mick

tramore

Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:43 pm

cheers mick, thanks for the info, will give it a bash..