bait additives

Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:59 pm

anyone ever tried bait additives from the beach.i've always completely dismissed them but recently got to thinking that if they improve the scent of the bait they must improve catch rate(I'm thinking the peeler crab scented ones would be good).Any thoughts or feedback

Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:54 am

During the winter, when theres nothing doing, I head to Blessington and tackle some pike (the only time I venture away from the sea). I used oils last winter and they didnt do diddly squat.
Some people swear by them, and maybe they are successful in other areas of the sport, or with other people.
In saying that, I've also used the aul WD-40, and that has often doubled my catch in sea fishing.
Each to their own I guess, give it a bash either ways. You'll never know for sure unless you try it for yourself. :wink:

Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:43 pm

Wes,

Blesso is a very tough spot for the pike. Somedays the only additive that will work would be dynamite.

Kev

bait additivies

Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:29 pm

hi

to answer touy question i alwys use mackerel in pilchard oil for compitions off the beach i tink they really work because last year in the winter i cot nothing but this year i used pilchard oli on my baits and it seems to be working very good because my catch rate has risen alot

more additivies=more fish....!
damien

h.s.a.c