Anywhere to get bait in Howth?

Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:13 pm

Just wondering if there were any shop doing bait in Howth as it would save a lot of hassle!! Anyone know of anywhere here or nearby?
Cheers,
Bren

Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:27 pm

No there is no tackle/bait shop in Howth. Jhon 65 was selling bait over the summer. Do you want me to ask him for you?

Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:54 pm

Do the other Howth regulars think theres enough demand for a tackle/bait shop?

I always wondered why the ones that were there, or nearby, closed.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:56 pm

That depends George! Who's John65?? :D It seems to me to be the one place thats fished regularly on the northside, surely there would be a demand for bait! I was looking up shops etc, and it seems there is one near dollymount, think its on the clontarf road.. not sure if he does fresh bait etc though! Thanks, Bren.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:29 pm

That was by the wooden bridge, tis long gone.

Bait in Howth!

Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:45 pm

Is there not a bicycle shop on the main street in the town that sells rag and a few bits and pices i used to get it there the odd time.

Has he stoped doing it know???

JohnT

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:17 am

Theres the shop opposite the train station, they sell feathers, but thats about it. I've never heard of any other place in Howth that sells tackle/bait.
Would be a handy sideline for one of those shops to do bait alright, but I doubt the customers would like to see rag and lug beside their chocolate muffins. :lol:

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:22 am

A tackle shop in Howth would be handy allright...they would do a roaring trade in feathers during the summer months! Not sure it would be a winner though, I don't think there's a massive profit in bait supply (assuming you are buying it yourself, rather than digging it, like most tackle shops).

Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:57 pm

Hi Every 1.
There is another shop called annes down the end of howth. Was talkin to the owner on many occasions and asked him would he be intrested in selling bait if i supplied it but he said it smelt 2 bad? There would be a demand for bait if shop was willing to supply it.
This is actually jhon65 there is sumthing wrong with my user name

Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:42 pm

The price of property in Howth is just too expensive to allow the opening of a tackle shop in Howth. Maybe some day..............................