Dingle-Any Bait/Tackle shops????

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:46 pm

Hi Just heading to Dingle this weekend for a bit of fishing, However im in the dark about tackle shops, does anybody know where the nearest one is??
Any advice about where to fish there at the moment???

Cheers,

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:50 pm

Landers in Tralee is excelent its near the old court house. Everything is out in the open to view with decent prices to boot.

Donagh

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:05 pm

All the beaches are fishing well at the moment.Mainly bass,flounder and plaice.Speak to Colm in landers and he will give you upto date info.

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:33 pm

Many thanks lads will give LAnders a go.Just as a matter of interest is there any tackle shops nearer to Dingle/Cloghane??

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:59 pm

Landers is a great shop - I bought my favourite spinning rod in there but if you're looking for a bait shop nearer Dingle town, try asking Bob Moss.
Phone/Fax: 066 9155158 Mobile: 087 2438915 and I am sure he will help you out if at all possible...

Tim

Kerry

Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:53 am

Have to disagree with your comment on the area fishing well. I fished here last weekend and had one bass of 4lb and a turbot of about 1lb for 8 hours fishing (despite trying most of the Brandon beaches). I spoke to Bob Moss before the trip and he was pretty negative on the fishing prospects for the next few weeks, at least until the temperature increases slightly.

But then again, you simply dont know how the beaches are going to fish until you get there. Given good surf conditions it's possible they will throw up some good numbers of bass. Flounders should begin to be plentiful on the beaches now, so lug tipped with mackerel or smaller sized sandeels would be your best bet. Both will also take bass, so you are hedging your bets. Razorfish would also be a superb bait if you can get your hands on it.

Fishing in Dingle/Kerry area

Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:26 pm

Hi lads,
Right after 6-7 hours in cloghane area got a bit pi**ed off not even a big bite, then went to Inch strand for a bit of Bass targeting.After all that traveling & cost, we got a big blank, however unlike Dublin/East coast got to admire some of the most beautiful scenery ever & decent few pints with great company, so not a total loss. Thanks lads for all the advice all the same, as I will definitely head back .

Cheers,

Tresher.