WHAT TIME ON SATURDAY- FISH 'N MEET?

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:49 am

what time for fish n' meet lads? what are yee thinkin of?

Tides

Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:18 pm

HW 00:05 LW 05:57 HW 12:29 LW 18:14 HW 00:41
MB3 I would prefer to fish at night but due to family stuff I will only be able to make it out early that day. After the storm though there should be good fishing through the day I hope. I plan to start before 10 am till 3 pm.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:17 pm

sounds good Ed. probably head out early myself although i'll have to wait and see what's happening. i'm hopin the fish will be around during light too.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:56 pm

Hello there. Im free all day Saturday so if it only suits you lads to go early Ill do that. Less chance of being bitten by ghosts that way too.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:03 pm

I could probably swing early on Saturday, but cant stay late, got a halloween party going on with the kids...

Anything up until about 3pm would be fine.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:04 pm

But I've just bought new batteries for my head-torch!! :cry:

Suppose I could drag m.b3 up very early in the morning!!

Where??

Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:56 am

Lads have we decided on avenue yet. South Beach Greystones? I think north beach can be very snaggy in places and if we get a good turn out people could be fishing at snaggy spots.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:55 am

I second Ed. If we fish North beach, with the storms we've had the snags will be brutal.

If we are fishing early morning, we will be fishing a rising tide.

Can I suggest we park up at the South Beach Car Park any time in the morning. I would prefer to fish afternoon/evening as that's when there's more fish about, but for all you party animals (with kids :lol: ) I guess I could sacrifice that for the opportunity to fish n meet. Straight out from the arch is a snaggy lump of rocks, but to left or right is cleaner. Suggest to the right - but again, open to popular demand.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:13 pm

i am easy lads. wish i had of known before i made up all the rough ground rigs and spent a small fortune on leads! i propose that by 12 o' clock tonight the venue has been decided upon and that's that? on one hand the n. beach was suggsted to begin with. normally i would stick to my guns and say that we should then fish here. however it is a fish'n meet and an 'easy' venue is probably going to suit more people. it is nice to catch a few fish but this is a social event!

Hello Will you's be fishing far down the south beach?

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:35 pm

Hello Will you's be fishing far down the south beach? as if im going il be probly catching the train!! :(

touch and go

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:37 pm

Might not make it tomorrow after all. My missus went home sick from work today and if she is still dodgy tomorrow my fishing will be knocked on the head. bummer eh?

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:41 pm

m.b3 wrote:wish i had of known before i made up all the rough ground rigs and spent a small fortune on leads!

I'm sure we can find you a nice snaggy spot for you to fish in. I'm sure I spotted a nice snaggy looking rock pool last time I was at the S. Beach! :lol:

Wherever we all choose to meet, I'm sure it will be a laugh, and I for one am looking forward to meeting some of you lot in person.

Matt

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:10 pm

your too kind Matt! where would i be without you- probably fishing over some nice clean ground! cheers. nice to know you care!

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:13 pm

pity Ed. just see what you can do.

there's always the NEXT FISH'N MEET!? where are we going to have that!!! yeah!!! somewhere really snaggy!!!! yeah with mad fish. mad fish that'd each ye if yee wore ida sea......arghhhhh!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:14 pm

Thats quite allright Mark. :D I like to make sure the people I fish with are well looked after.

Also, have you been smoking the wacky tobaccy again??

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:21 pm

No Matt, just up at 5:45 this mornin to get some bait. bloody knackered!

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:35 pm

not making this one, But wll be out somewhere on Sunday...hopefully anyway...

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:14 pm

Weeell, looks like there's not much enthusiasm for a meet tomorrow, after all, so there's not much point in dragging mark out early in the morning. If you guys are still going to be around at 3pm on South Beach, then we'll meet, as that is the time m.b3 and I will be getting there to fish into darkness - which is when the action on this stretch picks up. :D

I know it's hard to suit everyone, but looking at the huge number of reads the forum had about the fish-off, I thought more people would be making an effort. :roll:

Ah well, if you're there, we'll see you, if you're not we won't.....and if it's dark, you might just be able to make out a few shapes with head-torches on!! :shock:

John T, if you need a lift from the station, send me a PM so I can pick you up around 3pm. If you live in Lucan or Glasnevin, I can pick you up from there.

Happy fishin' wherever you end up and whenever you decide to fish!! :wink:

Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:26 pm

I know Seaniebo will be there as will I, but unfortunately, I can only fish up until around 2-3, due to other commitments. I'm hoping to meet most of the guys tomorrow, but If I dont, hey they'll be other times I'm sure.

See Ya tomorrow :)

Cheers

Matt

Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:02 am

best of luck to all (too few of us!). seeya amorrow.