winter fishing at 'Teddy's'??

Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:15 pm

anyone fish the spot at the right hand side of dun laioghaire near the old baths?? what's the winter potential? i remember one local spoke of codling.....

Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:10 pm

its called bug rock and it fishes well in oct - dec with lug and crab close in, at night on a high tide ,use strong snoods and 3/0 or 4/0 pennels. its well worth a crack but you need a nice chop on the water.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:21 pm

thanks lampoon. had some good sport here in summer before with wrasse and doggies, but it's so crowded all the time. crab did the trick then too. meant to be good for flatties but a nice day means lots of people. cod are caught around these rocks in Scotsman's Bay and i'm sure you might catch a fish or two here.

ever have any trouble with the local junkies or do they head off when the winter chill sets in?

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:19 pm

you wont have any problems there with scumbags, you'll should be fishing it in the dark and there all away with the faries by then.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:20 pm

lads,you have it hard in dublin.the only thing i have to worry about is the weather.having to take junkies into account would worry me.