Sea Angler, A Brit less Irish!?

Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:19 pm

If any of you have managed to pick up an Issue of Sea Angler this Month, You'll realise that the bigger better 'Sea Angler', has pretty much completely omitted the Island of Ireland, In fact, Its featured in 1 Article which should be called 'Boys couldnt get out on Dingy so we went macky bashing for bait'... Could this be the downfall of a national institution?!?!?

K2fishing

Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:22 am

Hi,
tried your site, but seems to be a problem with Freewebs, just thought you might want to check it out.

As for Sea angler, I bought it today and had the same view. It never was comprehensive on Ireland, but at least it got a mention.

Cheers

K" site

Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:30 am

Forget that, it was a Freewebs problem, first of all I got an error 404 and then typed the name in manually and got straight to the page.

Sorry for the false alarm

Sea Angler

Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:28 am

Bit peeved at the way they ditched the "Good fishing Guide section" actually.

Despite the fact that say, the October '04 report was invariably the same as the October '03 report (almost word for word!), it was always the first section I read. Particularly when it came to areas like Wexford and Kerry which I may not have been able to get info on otherwise.

It doesn't say much for the "new and improved" Sea Angler that the leading story was a mackeral bashing expedition though.....

Much was also made about all the extra pages which would be included from now on. Thats not hard really when veals have a 10 page add in it!

Having said that I will continue to buy it, along with TSF and the Irish Angler. I can't get me hands on enough mags to keep me happy! Just wish my girlfriend would stop turfing them out...I'm sick of having to rummage in the green bin to save my precious mags.

Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:08 am

I never got much out of the good fishing guide as having few contacts is far superior. Though why they left out Ireland in its replacement needs an explaination. I like the layout which makes the mag more readable . Saying that I'll avoid it for the winter as it'll only be full of winter cod fishing which is useless for someone that fishes in the shannon.

BTW If you read the Culoo article you'll notice theres a unamed reference to this sites marks page.

Donagh

Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:12 pm

At the risk of being piloried for repeating the probable good marks on an annual basis, I wrote the east coast prospects for the old style Sea Angler. They are planning to include Irish marks in their where to fish section.

Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:14 pm

Ack well folks, If they don't do something about the lack of Irish Information they will lose business, especially with Irish Angler being so up and coming!