Conoflex Oblivion (Red Label) Question

Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:45 am

At the moment have a Zziplex 2500(about 14 years old still going) a Greys PZ Match and am thinking about getting a Conoflex Oblivion (Red Label).....The 25 and the PZ are great fishing rods but lack a bit of sheer grunt for rough ground fishing...The tips are brillant for seeing a bite which is the reason I still have the 25 for so long, the PZ is just brillant....

Anyone have any info on this rod(Oblivion), anyone using one..haven't fished with it yet but will this weekend. I want the rod for rock rough ground marks mainly....

Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:02 am

hi John. try asking some of the guys in the clubs. there bound to have come accross one. sorry i can't be of more help.

just out of interest how did you obtain your zzipplex? how easy is it to get a blank? i can't stand fishing with a rod i didn't build myself!

Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:19 am

I got the 2500 about 12 years ago in southside angling, just happened to walk in one day and he had it there for sale so I bought it...always wanted one..Lovely rod to fish with.

Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:30 am

Sidetracking here, but, I hear Southside are moving premises again?
Not from the horses mouth, but from another regular.
For all the gear they have, the current place I always felt was too small.

Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:35 am

Wes wrote:Sidetracking here, but, I hear Southside are moving premises again?
Not from the horses mouth, but from another regular.
For all the gear they have, the current place I always felt was too small.

They do need a bigger place alright...didn't hear anything of them moving but then again I'm sort of a September to March angler so haven't been in there much over the summer....

Conoflex

Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:41 pm

The Conoflex nemises plus SLR 2002 is your rod for the rough stuff as it can cast great distances with either an over head thump or a pendelum I use one in the Shannon Estuary and rock miarks around Clare and I find it a great rod.