u
   Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Friends
Search Blogs

1 out of 52 out of 53 out of 54 out of 55 out of 5

u

Permanent Linkby dexs7 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:35 pm

uuuuuu
Last edited by dexs7 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

The finest gift you can give a fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

2016 Bass, Flounder, Turbot, Dogfish, Pollock,Mackerel, Bull Huss, Coal Fish

2013 8

2012 (8) Bass (P.B 7.5 lb)

2011 (17)

2010 (14)
1 Comment Viewed 5114 times
Comments

Re: How to get the bigger Bass instead of schoolies

Permanent Linkby ibanez on Mon May 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Hey Fella

I too have been blessed with lots of smaller bass ( no sarcasm, to catch any bass is a gift), but to target larger specimens, I switched to using crab tipped with squid. The result was far less fish but those I did land were larger, 5-7lb. All released, I have never taken a bass home for the table. The rig.. I use a simple fixed pat and over rough ground a pulley. On beaches at high tide, I use a large pike float and fish the leader about 3 feet below the surface. From a beach I will wade to allow a cast beyond the third breaker. The beach drifts are always gonna be short but very very sweet.

Hope this helps

Ollie Ibanez

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary"
ibanez
SAI Lug Worm

Blog: View Blog (1)