Skip to Content

bryellas maiden trip

by doggie3131

Report:Well the day had finally arrived,the maiden launch of bryella,the 14ft dory we bought a few months ago,she was spruced up,loaded up,and ready to go,at 2am we were on the road,and in louisburgh by 3am,after numerous checks and tweaks,we finally lost our verginity and launched at 3.45 and then had to wait till first light to move out. it was a long bloody wait! but finallydawn arrived and we were off,i was "skipper" for the day and all that i'll say about that,is that we did not sink! we started fishing just outside the point and got of to an excellent start with a few small codling!i knew they could be got fauther out by clare island,but did not know they could be caught this far in the bay things went quiet and we moved down the bay a bit into shallower water,50-60ft of water,we found a spot where there were fish on the fish finder and we were into mackerel stright away,and big healthy ones at that,i only measured one and it was 36cm,and we caught bigger! thats the...

[ Continued ]
species 2012.........(12)seatrout,bass,turbot,flounder,brill,lsd,coalie,shore rockling,pollock,pout,poor cod,gray gurnard

species 2011 (20) flounder,whiting,poor cod,5 beard rockling,lsd.coalie,thornie,three bearded rockling,shore rockling.seatrout.turbot,plaice,brill,pollock,ballen wrasse.huss,pout,cookoo wrasse,corking wrasse,dab.

species 2010,(27)

PROUD member of Galway Buccaneers SAC

bloody boat trailer

by doggie3131

well we were all geared up for our maiden trip on bryella, our 14ft dory that we had bought three months ago,the engines were serviced, and a wooden floor had been made, and cushions added to the seats.The gear was stowed away,and little sleep was had the night before,at seven am,sharp,we pulled away from the house and away we went.no problems till we got the far side of louisburgh and then we noticed smoke coming from the rear :shock: we stopped and jumped out,to find that the left suspension had buckled on the trailer and the tire was rubbing badly on the mudflap! :shock: we tried to straighten it but alas we failed,a kindly gentleman let us park it in his drive,and we drove home gutted,the sea was a mill pond, the sun cracking the stones,and us going home as we only had boat rods and gear so...

[ Continued ]
species 2012.........(12)seatrout,bass,turbot,flounder,brill,lsd,coalie,shore rockling,pollock,pout,poor cod,gray gurnard

species 2011 (20) flounder,whiting,poor cod,5 beard rockling,lsd.coalie,thornie,three bearded rockling,shore rockling.seatrout.turbot,plaice,brill,pollock,ballen wrasse.huss,pout,cookoo wrasse,corking wrasse,dab.

species 2010,(27)

PROUD member of Galway Buccaneers SAC

2 blog entries • Page 1 of 1

Archives
- April 2010
bryellas maiden trip
   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 pm
bloody boat trailer
   Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:15 pm