Skip to Content

bryellas maiden trip

by doggie3131

Report:Well the day had finally arrived,the maiden launch of bryella,the 14ft dory we bought a few months ago,she was spruced up,loaded up,and ready to go,at 2am we were on the road,and in louisburgh by 3am,after numerous checks and tweaks,we finally lost our verginity and launched at 3.45 and then had to wait till first light to move out. it was a long bloody wait! but finallydawn arrived and we were off,i was "skipper" for the day and all that i'll say about that,is that we did not sink! we started fishing just outside the point and got of to an excellent start with a few small codling!i knew they could be got fauther out by clare island,but did not know they could be caught this far in the bay things went quiet and we moved down the bay a bit into shallower water,50-60ft of water,we found a spot where there were fish on the fish finder and we were into mackerel stright away,and big healthy ones at that,i only measured one and it was 36cm,and we caught bigger! thats the bait sorted for a few months so it went on like this most of the day with mackerel,coalies being the catch,we moved down to bethra to see could we get some ray but all we got was doggies! now folks, this boat is a chugger,your not going anywhere quick on bryella,and it was a long way back to old head,so while i "skippered" the boat back up the bay john decided he would have a nap in the cuddy BUT...there was a bit of a swell,and as she cut bravely thru the waves john discovered that the seal on the flap on the cuddy was missing and got a bit wet good enough for him!!tell ye what folks,owning a boat is BETTER than sex!!it was a great day,and we learnt a few things that we need to tweak,like the cuddy is not as big as we thought and we need to try not to bring EVERY bit of gear we own roll on the next session!
species 2012.........(12)seatrout,bass,turbot,flounder,brill,lsd,coalie,shore rockling,pollock,pout,poor cod,gray gurnard

species 2011 (20) flounder,whiting,poor cod,5 beard rockling,lsd.coalie,thornie,three bearded rockling,shore rockling.seatrout.turbot,plaice,brill,pollock,ballen wrasse.huss,pout,cookoo wrasse,corking wrasse,dab.

species 2010,(27)

PROUD member of Galway Buccaneers SAC

Archives
- April 2010
bryellas maiden trip
   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 pm
bloody boat trailer
   Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:15 pm