Blog Stats
403Total Entries
168Total Comments
Search Blogs

Feed Random Blog Entries
Yaughal by Bigfish55 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:20 pm
Fisher yaughal by the bridge on the 15.fished the first 3 hours of the rising tide caught 3 flounder all on crab

0 Comments Viewed 1525 times
Kileney bay fishing by Anonymous on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:01 pm
Where : killeney bay white rock
When :5-6:30
Rig:2 hook flapper
Bait:lugworm
Results : none :(
I'm new to sea fishing and am over in Ireland to visit my dad , I fished dun laoghaire harbour before hand and had no success apart from losing tackle and getting frustrated however we did get a starfish which fell off at the surface. In hope of a fish , we went back to the tackle shop and got some more tackle and we were recommended to fish white rock on killeney bay. We fished till it was dark and hoped that this would be the best time to get a whiting or something. We fished for a hour or so and found a gap in the rocks to rest the rod up high and see the tip. I cast quite far and not sure why we didn't get anything , kept the bait fresh and although freezing stayed till it dark. I understand its likely to blank sometimes but any tips to help make sure that I don't leave Ireland without even catching...

[ Continued ]

1 Comment Viewed 48082 times
New to site by Anonymous on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:43 am
Hi all new to the site

0 Comments Viewed 277 times
Codling Adventure in Cork by Martin Mc Gowan on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:50 pm
Us Ullcatch boys along with guest anglers Aidan O Sullivan and John Sheehan made our way to Cork, after reports from local Cork anglers suggested large numbers of codling and cod weighing up to ten pounds being caught.

Leaving Kerry in the pouring rain, we headed off on our adventure. The weather forecast was for storm force seven winds and flooding, but this only added to the excitement. The game plan was to leave Kerry at six am in order to avoid the traffic around Cork city. However, two hours later we were caught in traffic, what a great start! After an hour sitting in traffic we finally arrived at our destination. The rain was bucketing down, the wind was howling and the thoughts of getting out of a warm dry car were none too pleasing. Anglers are a tough breed though so out we got, but before we changed into out rain gear we were already soaked to the skin. Things could only get better!

The first casts went out and we were finally fishing. Aidan’s rod doubled over straight away a...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 858 times
Time to Fish! by Dawsey on Mon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm
Roll on the 3rd of June. Exams finish and i'll be fishing like crazy!

2 Comments Viewed 10733 times